Friday, August 12, 2022

204/365 - Fleck

 


They say the eyes
are the window
to the soul
So please don't look too deep
Because then you'll know
all those things
I don't want you to see
that's why I 
look away
when you're looking at me
But when I pass
by a mirror
and catch a fleeting glimpse
I know there's something
hiding there
so do you think
you can take a peek
because to me it isn't clear

My darling you say
don't be afraid
I see that flash of glitter
It's a little girl
hiding in there
who wants to come out and play
so take my hand
let's skip away
into the endless
summer day
and make a new home
for us to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...