Thursday, August 11, 2022

203/365 - Summon

 

The wind
doesn't give a shit
it continues to blow
but does it really not care?
Or does it know
how I didn't want
to get up today
How I didn't want
to go
How I didn't watch
the sunrise
coax the day
from the night
How I didn't win
the battle
or even the fight
How I couldn't find
the reason
to find the reason
not to stay
in my bed
just a few more hours
(just a few more days)
But I did
somehow rise
and the workday passed 
And I did
somehow make it 
out of the house
(and on my bike)
at last
And the wind
somehow knew
exactly what I needed
and it blew and blew
and forced me to
reach down inside
and find the thing
I feared had somehow
been depleted


No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...