Tuesday, October 3, 2023

One Step at a Time

 


Two lines on the at-home test

Five days measured by blister pill packs

Six pills per-

separated by color.

By shape

Golden sun

Silver sliver moon.

I wish they were numbered too

Since side effects may include

restless legs and insomnia

By the end of my quarantine

I can’t tell between

The morning sunshine

And the evening moon beam

It all blurs together

Bad movies

Rough Kleenex

And watery bowls of soup

Until the last pill is gone

And I’ve made it through

I can’t wait for that day

When my smell

And my taste

And my ability to string words together

Comes back too




No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...