Tuesday, June 28, 2022

159/365 - The Ancients Lost Their Luggage on a Field Trip

 


Feeling good today
hooray, hooray
The world's completely fucked
but I feel okay
Ya' know
considering

Listen

We didn't ask for this
but here we are
carrying around the baggage
that should have been checked
long ago

Seriously

It would be a lot easier
to navigate
to the gate
without all this extra weight
If we could just drop it 
and go
but no

And I think someone keeps adding rocks
when I'm looking away

I didn't even sign up to play
and this game wont end
and the rules have changed again
It's scary to think about

the final score

I wish I could just not think about it anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...