Saturday, May 7, 2022

107/365 - Carbonize

 


I woke up today happy
that was a mistake
dreams are fickle things
and easily scared away
And this one especially
so flighty and effervescent
a desire so old
it's past carbonated
been carbon-dated
and fully carbonized
I thought it was done
burned up and gone
but now my last chance has returned
and I know 
I can't help but try
Just don't hurt me again
(you will hurt me again)
It's probably obvious 
to everyone but me

Sometimes I think
it's all a big joke
A secret I should
have figured out
One everyone else
can see
And if I really 
knew what went on
behind closed doors
then I would realize
what was meant
to be


No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...