Tuesday, March 1, 2022

40/365 - Revenge


I looked deep
into your brown eyes
Not brown like rich molasses
or the well-worn leather
of a cowboy's saddle
Not brown like deep mahogany
or a fresh brewed cup of coffee
on a snowy winter's day
Not even brown with flecks of gold
or hints of caramel and butterscotch
Just plain brown eyes
nothing special
except they were mine to gaze into
and in turn
they gazed back into mine
dancing with the feeling only eyes
can convey
and yours did
every single day
until I sent you away
Now I looked deep
into your brown eyes
after so much time has passed
But instead of hate
or anger
or pain
I see nothing
looking back at me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...