Thursday, February 10, 2022

21/365 - Your Cheating Heart

 

 Photo credit: Robsalot (that's me!)

I am sorry I haven't been there

like I said I would

I am sorry I haven't seen you

as often as I should

I used to get up every morning

just to see you wake

I used to rise dark and early

to witness your dawn break

But though I still get up early

I don't see you much anymore

It's not that I don't still love you

because it's you that I adore

It's just that there is someplace else

that I have to be

It is something I must do

It's not you, it's me

But I will still make the effort

to see your morning rays

And I'll still tell you goodnight

at the end of the day

when your trip around the earth

for the day is done

I will gaze to the West

to watch your setting sun


No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...