Tuesday, February 1, 2022

12/365 Your Chariot Awaits

 

 Photo credit: Robsalot (that's me!)


Waiting patiently in the dark

for the next adventure to start

I know that soon you will awake

and we'll ride out together to see dawn break

But time it passes so slowly here

Still our moment must be near

I anticipate the creak of the door

as it scrapes across the floor

But your silhouette does not appear

My expectation turns to fear

And in the shadows grey light creeps

as daylight rouses all that sleeps

I am resigned to wait some more

watching the sun's rays crawl across the floor

until the long light of afternoon

fills my little waiting room

But just as I had given up hope

the silence of my misery broke

because finally you had arrived

stroking my handlebars you sat astride

and together we peddled into twilight

When its just you and me, all is finally right


No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...