Friday, December 30, 2022

350/365 - Literally

 


I'll see you next year I said
chuckling to myself at my cleverness
as I shut my computer down 
for the last workday of 2022
But who was I talking to?

Well no one of course
because my boss
sent a group chat at 1:41
wishing everyone
a happy new year
so at 1:42 she was
probably out for the year

But I still had 18 minutes
until my last meeting
which was over
at 2:15
The last 45 minutes
until our official early out
at three
dragged on for a million minutes
or so it seemed
until finally
the clock  rung
the day was done
I was free!

Happy New Year everybody
I'll see you next year
literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...