Monday, October 3, 2022

256/365 - Gulf

 


There is a considerable chasm
between who I am
and who I think
I want to be
and it's filled
with hurricanes
and tidal waves
and whirlpools
and alligators
But isn't that true
of everybody?

There is a giant gulf
between that perfection
of body
of home
of life
and too much time
spent on my phone
(I know, I know,
I'm not alone)
But if you happen
to stumble upon
a vessel so sound
it won't run aground
on procrastination island
Then please keep free
a birth for me
and I'll be ready to go
just as soon
as I finish
this Netflix show
(Have you seen it
by the way?
I've been binging
it
all day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Steam Ahead

The clang of the bell and clatter of metal broke the tense silence; and a whirlwind of energy burst forth. Muscles, taught and rippling, swe...